It is not normal and this happens due to the following factors;
2) Inadequate spacing.
3) Mineral deficiency mostly protein deficiency
4) Too much or too little light (inadequate ventilation)
Therefore, birds react by pecking on each other so when blood comes out, all birds attack one bird and can be pecked to death.
The solution to this problem includes the following processes:
1) Improving on spacing
2) Isolate those that have been pecked and Spray the wounds with Alamycin spray.
3) You can improve on the Ventilation by opening brooder curtains during day. Portion feeds the right way so that chicks always have feeds to avoid idleness.
5) Use a thermometer in the brooder because you will be able to properly regulate brooder temperatures because too much heat can lead to the same condition (due to constipation)
6) Give chicks water with glucose and Multivitamin for 30 minutes prior to feed introduction.
7) Give in water an Anti-stress after u have identified this condition in birds, it facilitates faster healing.