Snails will start to lay eggs when they are sexually matured at 8-12 months or when their weight is between 110-125g. Snails would continue to lay eggs both in the rainy and dry seasons under domestication.
Factors that affect sexual maturity:-
- A g e
- Relative humidity.
- Disease condition
- Specie of the snail.
- Eggs of snails
- Clutch Size 4-18
- Incubation period 28-32 days
Care for hatchlings or baby snails:
Care For The Growers
Care For The Breeders/Adults
Daily routine practices
• Check the housing units and remove any dead snail.
• Remove the left over feeds every day.
• Clean and replenish water trough with cool, clean, fresh water daily.
• Clean the pens and the surroundings.
• Make sure that the soil is well covered with dry leaves(mulching).
• In the dry season, wet the soil adequately. In the rainy season, if the rain is a
• dequate, it may not be necessary. The soil must be moist.
• Check whether the wire netting or mosquito netting is intact.
• Check the water in the gutter/ water bath or in the container in case of cage
• system, if it is adequate for prevention of soldier ants attack.
• Feed the snails after sunset (5-6pm) to preserve the freshness of the feed .
• Keep the door to the housing unit shut always