International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation.
Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Administrator
Contract Duration: STS- National (6-months renewable contract)
- Oversee the financial operations of the YAS project in Abuja to ensure timely and accurate delivery of a monthly financial report to the Project Administrator.
- Oversee project finances and assures compliance at the Abuja Agribusiness Hub.
- Provide input into the preparation of annual project work plans and budgets.
- Manage budget and expenditure in relation to the project implementation and
- Budget plan.
- Keep and provide necessary support documents in compliance with the budget document.
- Provide secretariat support for relevant project-related meetings including project team meetings Oversee project procurement management and monitor progress at the agribusiness hub level.
- Track and ensure timely procurement for all project sites and project procurement processes.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisors.
- BSc / HND in Business Administration, Public Administration or any other related field with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience performing a similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good communication skills (writing, reading, and speaking).
- Ability to use basic Microsoft software (word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Have strong multi-tasking abilities and problem solving skills.
- Have proven experience as an executive assistant or other relevant administrative support experience.
- Have the ability to work with little or no supervision.
Important Application Information
- Please complete our online application form link above.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague, and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.iita.org.
Do you have any questions, suggestions, or other contributions? Kindly use the comment box provided below for all your contributions. You are also encouraged to please kindly share this article with others you feel can benefit from this information if found useful enough as we may not be able to reach everyone at the same time. Thank you so much for sharing!