Chi Farms Limited
Chi Farms Limited is an integrated poultry farm with breeding operations and processing of commercial broilers. We offer Parent Stock of layer and broiler lines to other hatcheries in Nigeria. We also hatch and distribute commercial pullets and broilers and offer post-sales technical services to our customers. Our state-of-the-art slaughterhouse processes commercial broilers into whole and cut-up chicken, and our meat processing facility produces sausages and hamburgers for fast foods, restaurants, hotels, catering services, and supermarkets in Nigeria.
The company also has an aqua farm active in the breeding and rearing of catfish, supplies a wide range of poultry vaccines to the Nigerian poultry sector (supported by its own laboratories and veterinary services) and runs a training institute with courses in general poultry management, rearing management, biosecurity, among many others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Manager
Location: Oyo state, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
- Manage activities related to materials requirement planning and strategic/tactical purchasing
- Manage team to ensure on-time procurement and delivery of goods
- Provide leadership and mentorship to procurement staff
- Ensure continuous availability of raw materials for feed mill complex
- Ensure availability of all packaging materials for DOC, chicken feeds and fish feed for production
- Ensure strict adherence to reorder levels for all items in inventory paying special attention to critical / fast-moving items and prevent stock-out
- Approve purchase requisitions and purchase orders on ERP
- Oversee technical procurements of spares for all machinery and vehicles across all farms
- Coordinate vendor appraisal through on-site visits and process evaluations
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors and freight forwarders
- Oversee periodic price review and market survey of all items in the inventory
- Contract negotiation and management
- Monitor contract performance for all suppliers and vendors
- Ensure adherence to procurement policy and procedure in planning and procurement of production raw materials as well as technical procurement
- Ensure adherence to and coordinate yearly reviews of existing SOPs and oversee the development of new SOPs as the need arises
- Collaborate effectively with internal customers, such as Production, Engineering and Quality Assurance to identify and onboard new suppliers
- Provide guidance to all production, engineering and other support operation department on specialized purchases
- Ensure adequate supply of diesel and gas to all the power generating plants
- Monitor local, international forecasts/trends and quotas to identify changes and determine their effect on supply chain activities
- Ensure the KPIs for the department are met in line with the company’s yearly goals and objectives.
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s Degree qualification with at least 6 years work experience.
Application Closing Date
15th June, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]
Do you have any questions, suggestions, or other contributions? Kindly use the comment box provided below for all your contributions. You are also encouraged to please kindly share this article with others you feel can benefit from this information if found useful enough as we may not be able to reach everyone at the same time. Thank you so much for sharing!