Eastern Plains Integrated Farms Limited
Eastern Plains Integrated Farms Limited is an integrated Farm situated in Igbariam, Anambra state. We are presently focused on poultry production but have plans in place to expand into other areas of Agriculture.
- The Pen house supervisor shall assist the Technical Manager Poultry to ensure that all farm operations are efficiently and effectively managed for optimum result.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Directly supervises the pen attendants to ensure the Pen houses and the surroundings are always clean and hygienic
- Assigns duties to farm attendants and ensures that they are carried out in an efficient manner; duties such as feeding, vaccinating poultry, cleaning and disinfecting /fumigating chicken houses, running of manure belts, shipping eggs or maintaining buildings
- Assist the Poultry technical Manager in maintaining high standard of biosecurity in the Farm
- Assist the Poultry technical Manager in ensuring that vaccination and drugs are correctly administered to avoid and treat avian diseases
- Keeps accurate record and renders timely report on all the activities in the Pen House to the TM- mortality, suspected avian disease symptom, birds condition, feeding, water intake etc
- Cooperates with the TM to ensure that the adequately birds are fed to achieve good body weight for optimum egg production
- Liaises with maintenance team to ensure effective litter and manure disposal
- Leads and ensures that the attendance adhere and comply with the standard operating procedures
- Records data and creates reports on worker attendance, budget, supplies and animal growth.
- Liaises with the maintenance team to ensure the machinery that performs certain tasks, such as egg collection, feeding, water lines are functional
- Training new workers, providing care to injured or ill livestock and enforcing workplace sanitation practices to prevent the spread of disease.
- Participates in work activities to expedite workload.
- Prepares worker attendance, egg production, feed consumption, and poultry mortality reports and renders daily report to the Farm Manager.
- Minimum of Higher National Diploma in Animal science or Animal production.
- 2 – 3 years’ post-graduation working experience as a Poultry Farm experience.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]
Do you have any questions, suggestions, or other contributions? Kindly use the comment box provided below for all your contributions. You are also encouraged to please kindly share this article with others you feel can benefit from this information if found useful enough as we may not be able to reach everyone at the same time. Thank you so much for sharing!