Saro Agro Allied Limited
Saro Agro Allied Limited is a consumer driven sustainable Agric. & Food Biz Company in Multi Seed Oil Crushing, Paddy Processing, Value Added Exports, and marketing of Branded Food products in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Paddy Processing Lead
Location: Kano state, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
- The position of Paddy Processing Lead (PPL) is a leadership and management position in the Company. Paddy Processing Lead will coordinate the implementation of quality assurance (QA) & processing standards for effective controls of the quality of input (Paddy) materials as well as the quality and food safety compliance of finished goods to meet customer and regulatory requirements.
- The PPL would also be in charge of all ends-to-end Paddy processing management across business locations in line with the Standard Operating Procedures for the business.
- Devising & Implementing the Paddy Management & Processing Quality Strategy for the Company
- To Manage the Warehousing Loss & Quality Parameters for Paddy to be bought within the Budgeted Acceptable Limit
- Managing and Nurturing a Team of paddy processing Officers in Various toll processor Locations for Sustained Biz Delivery
- Managing the Labour Contractors at all the toll processor Locations within the company budgeted Cost for Loading, Offloading, Stacking & Re-bagging Activities.
- Formulating and Adhering to the Processing & Quality SOP for the Company
- Must be having good knowledge and Key Relationships with relevant authorities to deliver the result for SAA.
- Developing quality control processes and understanding customer expectations for the product from the market end.
- Designing product specifications and ensure products are produced with adherence to the outlined physical, legal and safety standards.
- Supervising Paddy Processing staff in Production, monitoring production quality standards and evaluating internal Quality processes for production and modifying the same wherever/whenever required.
- Examining the quality of raw materials that are used in production and ensuring the quality standards are strictly adhered by the Quality Team
- Rejecting Input and Output Quality that fail the desired quality standards.
- Engaging with customers and gathering finished goods product feedback from time to time.
- Preparing reports on quality standards at all the locations on daily & weekly basis and reporting to the MD in case of deviations from the desired quality standard.
- Managing wastages and Improving production efficiency thru timely quality interventions.
- Establish product quality assurance processes (QAP) and working closely with team members towards adherence.
- Preparing Quality assurance budget and resource planning in-line with CAPA programme
- Centrally coordinate implementation of QA programme.
- Review quality parameters for accepting vendors’ supplies as per the prescribed standards.
- Review standards of good warehouse practice and inventory control and report to MD on a weekly & Monthly basis
- To undertake a weekly Stock Monitoring System and report the Physical Vs System stock on a weekly and monthly basis to MD
Commercial & Sales Support:
- Coordinate customer surveys and feedback in conjunction with Sales teams
- Supervise product quality issues in close coordination with sales teams
- Conduct periodic market sample study programmes
Risk and Control:
- Ensure that identified risks in the Processing & Quality are mitigated as per the Plan.
- Ensures that issues of quality assurance as per GMP are adequately planned for and mitigations are put in place before they occur.
- Provide the leadership that will ensure that subordinates provide solutions to Quality problems responsibly and ensure adequate safety and quality precautions by associates and contract worker at all times.
- Will continuously ensure Processing and Quality processes are followed and improved upon by adherence and proposing ways of improvement.
- Provides reports of functions on daily, Weekly, and periodic basis as may be needed by the Top Management.
- Any other job that may be assigned by the MD
Location & Physical Demand
- To be based in Kano
- Minimum Travel of 7 days a Month Mostly to South/West and North – Preferably by Road
- Daily Reporting at the end of the Day
- Job will require a minimum of 10-12 hours work per day and also as per the demand of the role from time to time
- Candidates should possess an HND / B.Sc in Chemistry & Food Science
- MBA from an Institute of Repute
- Experience of at least 8 years
- Age: 32 – 39. Shouldn’t be more than 40 years.
- Must have worked or working at a senior level in a Quality & Processing Position with Reputable Food Companies in Nigeria
- Must have grown within Rank and File to rise to this position.
- Should have graduated from a well-known University in Nigeria
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Quality Management and at least 7 Years in handling Quality Management for Food Companies
- Working in Rice Processing Companies will be an added advantage.
- Should be Heading the Quality Assurance Function for a Reputable Food Company
- At least 2 years in the Leadership Position handling Quality Teams.
- Should have adequate Knowledge on the Quality Certification Standards like ISO, FSSC etc.
- Should have meticulous approach and Good in adhering to Systems and Processes
- Should be willing to travel to Up-Country in Nigeria to ensure System and Process Adherence
- Should Possess Saro Core Values like Integrity, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement & Sense of Urgency
- Should be comfortable of working in a Matrix Structure & Multicultural Team
- Should be from a Family with Good Family Values, Ethics and God-Fearing Attitude
- Must be Good in Networking and Key Stakeholder Management like SON, NAFDAC etc.
Application Closing Date
19th May, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit saroafrica.com.
Do you have any questions, suggestions, or other contributions? Kindly use the comment box provided below for all your contributions. You are also encouraged to please kindly share this article with others you feel can benefit from this information if found useful enough as we may not be able to reach everyone at the same time. Thank you so much for sharing!