Soupah Farm-en-Market Limited
The Farmer Care Officer, who also doubles as the Collection Officer, will provide support service to farmers in the rural communities where we have operate. He/she is in charge of operations in our collection centers and provides relevant and timely support service to all registered farmers.
Ultimately, you are responsible for all operations in our farmer hubs and collection centers.
Location : Ibadan State, Nigeria
- Maintain and monitor the quality of farmer’s yield.
- Understand the implications of the weather and make contingency plans.
- Train farmers on best farming practices(SAP, GAP) and on how they can take advantage of modern technologies
- Ensure farm produce are in good condition and ready for pick-up.
- Sort, weigh, and crate farm produce appropriately.
- Source for new farmers and market Soupah’s initiative to them, consequently gaining them as trusted strategic partners.
- provides consultation with farmers and agricultural businesses and give guidance and actual demonstration on the latest technologies related to agriculture
- Ensure that farm activities comply with government regulations
- Monitor health and welfare of registered farmers.
- Maintain knowledge of pests and diseases and an understanding of how they spread and how to treat them.
· Work with other agricultural experts to learn more or even develop new methods that could advance farmers’ production
- Apply health and safety standards across the farm estate.
- Protect the environment and maintaining biodiversity.
Qualifications and Requirements
· Keen interest in and adequate knowledge of agriculture and farming methods.
· Related work experience.
· A Bachelor’s degree or HND will be a plus.
· Great communication and marketing skills.
· Leadership experience.
· Negotiation skills.
To apply for this job please visit secure.indeed.com.
Do you have any questions, suggestions, or other contributions? Kindly use the comment box provided below for all your contributions. You are also encouraged to please kindly share this article with others you feel can benefit from this information if found useful enough as we may not be able to reach everyone at the same time. Thank you so much for sharing!