Sagad farms limited
Sagad Farms limited is a popular and reliable farm firm in Nigeria , that has grow bigger over the years.
Job Type :Full-time
Job Title: Farm Manager
Department: Farm Operations
Closing Date: February 24, 2023
Location: Kano State, Nigeria
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Farm Manager shall be responsible to directs, motivates & coordinates with other supervisors on the farm activities such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting and evaluate it together with other Farming Operations Personnels and take corrective decisions.
DETAILED LISTING OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Directs, motivates & coordinates with other supervisors on the farm activities such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting and evaluate it together with other Farming Operations personnels and take corrective decisions.
· Should be able to organize himself and the team and execute the farm operations within the planting to harvesting time frames of the farm with excellent labor management skills.
· Budget preparation for the area assigned and strive to be within the allocated budget
· Ability to analyze the budget vs actuals and forecast any overruns.
· Ability to forecast on the harvest dates by estimating the physiological maturity to save time and prevent harvest losses.
· Coordinate with workshop, agronomy, mill & aerial operations team for the efficient functioning of operations from land preparation to harvesting.
· Should be able to evaluate the team members & understand the knowledge gap and address it with the required training from the concerned department.
· Should keep himself updated on the knowledge on the machineries, nutrients, herbicides, pests & diseases.
· Preferably have farmed in Nigeria at some stage in his career
Requirements for the position:
· A Degree /HND in Agriculture would be preferred. Masters in Agriculture or Management would be an advantage. A Degree in Science may also be considered.
· A previous large-scale rice farming experience with a minimum of 8 years and maximum of 10years is preferred.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
· Good communication and interpersonal skills;
· Working well within a team
· Ability to multitask
· Should have good knowledge in using basic MS office packages.
Description of Benefits:
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by Sagad Farms Limited.
Do you have any questions, suggestions, or other contributions? Kindly use the comment box provided below for all your contributions. You are also encouraged to please kindly share this article with others you feel can benefit from this information if found useful enough as we may not be able to reach everyone at the same time. Thank you so much for sharing!