Tomato Jos is a private equity-backed, fast-growing social enterprise located in Kaduna, Nigeria, that believes in the power of local production for local consumption. Our company aims to supply 15% of the processed tomato market in Nigeria within the next 5 years. We source tomatoes from smallholder farmers within our network and make high-quality branded consumer products for Nigeria and West Africa. We currently operate a 700Ha commercial farm and run a successful smallholder program with over 100 farmers. In 2020, the company built a tomato processing facility and we will conduct our first production run in Q1/Q2 2021, with an aim to launch our first retail packaged product later this year.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Brand Development Manager
Location: Nigeria (Hybrid)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Analyze brand positioning and consumer insights.
- Translate brand elements into plans and go-to-market strategies.
- Develops consistent brand measurement tactics and reporting (KPIs). Uses qualitative and quantitative data to help drive and support overall brand decisions, as well as measure brand campaign effectiveness and ROI.
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities.
- Create, execute, and manage marketing programs and campaigns aimed at communicating our brand message and driving brand awareness, consideration, conversion, and marketplace differentiation for Tomato Jos brands, leading to market share growth.
- Monitor product distribution and consumer reactions.
- Align the company around the brand’s direction, choices and tactics.
- Design a research-based brand strategy to deliver innovative growth
- Establish and implement brand budgets, cost and price parameters, market applications and sales estimates.
- Define and manage the brand communication strategy using a variety of media.
- Oversee and coordinate R&D brand efforts and testing, New Product Development.
- Achieve prompt reconciliation of promotions, Measuring & Evaluation (M&E) & promo-impact assessments.
Requirements and Skills
- Degree in Marketing or a related field.
- Proven work experience as Brand Manager or Assistant Brand Manager in the FMCG industry with at least 5 years’ experience.
- Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and communicate recommendations to executives.
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising effective campaigns
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix.
- Strong analytical skills partnered with a creative mind.
- Data-driven thinking and an affinity for numbers.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Up-to-date with latest trends and marketing best practices.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS office and Google suite.
- New Product Development and Project management experience.
- A good team player with the ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work independently and take initiative.
Application Closing Date
6th June, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and current Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]
Do you have any questions, suggestions, or other contributions? Kindly use the comment box provided below for all your contributions. You are also encouraged to please kindly share this article with others you feel can benefit from this information if found useful enough as we may not be able to reach everyone at the same time. Thank you so much for sharing!