One Acre Fund
One Acre Fund is a nonprofit organization that supplies smallholder farmers in East Africa with asset-based financing and agriculture training services to reduce hunger and poverty. Headquartered in Bungoma, Kenya, the organization works with farmers in rural villages throughout Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania and recently Malawi. Using a market-based ap…
- Job Type : Full Time
- Qualification : BA/BSc/HND
- Experience3 – 5 years
- Location : Niger State, Nigeria
- Job Field : Agriculture / Agro-Allied
About the Role
- The Agronomy Specialist will sit with the Innovations Department, the driving force behind improving One Acre Fund’s programs, products, and services to farmers.
- The Specialist will lead the design of the department’s product research and trials, managing a team of Trial Officers, Managers, and Coordinators. These trials are often conducted in collaboration with farmers in their fields across all regions of One Acre Fund operation in Nigeria.
- You will also oversee analysis of all Innovations trial data and finalize the impact models for each individual product in consideration. This is influential in deciding what is offered to smallholder farmers that we serve.
- You will require at least 20% time observing and supervising field activities/farmers with the remaining time spent designing research/trials, planning, calendaring, coordinating with other departments, creating materials, analyzing results, and preparing reports or recommendations.
- You will report directly to the Innovations Lead.
- Recommend, design and manage product trials with minimal department leadership support
- Manage professional development for one or more direct reports while providing necessary support to achieve team goals
- Run analysis on data and prepare reports and memos with recommendations for next steps
- Liaise independently with external departments and cross-country contacts within One Acre Fund on issues relating to research and product trials
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in any field of Agriculture, Rural Livelihood or any relevant field
- Professional experience with data management, proficiency in STATA, R or any other relevant statistical software is required
- 3-5 years practical experience working on Agricultural research and Project management is required
- Fluency in English language and any other local language
- Willingness to live and work in rural areas close to our farmers
Method of Application
To apply for this job please visit www.myjobmag.com.
Do you have any questions, suggestions, or other contributions? Kindly use the comment box provided below for all your contributions. You are also encouraged to please kindly share this article with others you feel can benefit from this information if found useful enough as we may not be able to reach everyone at the same time. Thank you so much for sharing!