Isidore is a digital platform for Agri-SMEs (e.g. suppliers of grains) & Agro Buyers (e.g. Feed mills, FMCGS) that enables purchase order management and facilitates access to working capital, for all in the value chain. Through our Jinja platform, we provide a free mobile-first ERP tool focused on purchase order fulfilment with embedded access to capital. We also extend payables on behalf of Agro Buyers thereby reducing their need for corporate financing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agric Extention Officer
Location: Lagos state, NIgeria
- We are looking for an experienced Agric Extension Officer to develop, implement, and evaluate educational programs in the areas of agriculture for farmers.
- The successful candidate should have experience working in Agriculture or Agritech companies. He or she should also possess excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as a liaison between Isidore, providing research-based information and education to farmers in the assigned area.
- Conduct needs assessments to identify programmatic areas for development and delivery.
- Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Gather farm/farmer data through frequent visits and data collection.
- Analyze collected data to provide insights for business decision making.
- Integrate data into the organization’s monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate educational programs using adult learning principles.
- Develop and deliver educational programs in response to identified community needs.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers to assist with program delivery.
- Serve on committees and workgroups, representing the interests of Isidore.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including elected officials, agency representatives, and community leaders.
- Write proposals to secure external funding for educational programs and related expenses.
- Manage budgets for educational programs and events.
- Maintain accurate records of program participants and outcomes.
- Prepare reports and publications to document programmatic successes and share information with key audiences.
- Stay abreast of current trends and issues in relevant subject areas.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Horticulture or related field
- 4+ years experience working in the agricultural industry
- Data Analysis, using google sheet or Excel is required.
- Proven public speaking and presentation skills
- Strong writing and research skills
- Experience developing and delivering online educational programs
- Familiarity with social media platforms relevant to the agricultural industry
- Proficiency in local languages
- Well known within the farming community with well-developed networks and strong relationships in place with local agri-business and commercial companies
- Passion for Agriculture and Agritech.
Application Closing Date
3rd July, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit isidoreagric.co.
Do you have any questions, suggestions, or other contributions? Kindly use the comment box provided below for all your contributions. You are also encouraged to please kindly share this article with others you feel can benefit from this information if found useful enough as we may not be able to reach everyone at the same time. Thank you so much for sharing!