Olam Nigeria Limited
Olam Nigeria Limited is located in Lagos, Nigeria and is part of the Farm Support Services Industry. Olam Nigeria Limited has 3,000 employees at this location and generates $222.01 million in sales (USD).
With offices and operational units across all geopolitical zones of the Nigerian Federation, Olam has a wide and growing network of farmers, suppliers, wholesalers, local buying agents (LBAs), customers and service providers. Today, these networks encompass approximately 500,000 farmers and have created tens of thousands of jobs in indirect employment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agri Extension Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Function: Not Applicable
Sub-Function: Not Applicable
- Mobilize farmer groups to get into & increase Soybean production
- Develop a package of best agronomic practices for Soybean cropping and advise/ train the growers to adopt the same to ensure increased yield & productivity
- Conducting detailed cost-of-production studies and find avenues for increasing farmer profitability
- Monitoring of weather & other developments to update production estimates and assess the impact of various scenarios on yields
- Input distribution and credit accounting, if needed
- Build and sustain a reliable Soybean out-grower base in the catchment areas (Kwara & Niger) and ensure a sustainable supply of high-quality produce for IFP’s Soy crush facility
- Quality seed production through out-growers for the participating farmers
- Build an operational team to run the farming out-grower program – Scheduling operations as well as resources and monitoring the activities in the field to achieve production and buyback targets
- Acquire funding for the Soybean agri-extension through multi-lateral agencies and stakeholder management (International donor organizations/ Developmental agencies, social/ community organizations, Nigerian governmental agencies & Statutory bodies and internal departments)
- Improved productivity and increased production volumes for farmers
- Management of the out-grower program and volume of buyback from the farmers
- Donor funding from Global developmental agencies/ NGOs and through domestic schemes in Nigeria to sponsor farmer programs
- Master’s Degree in Agriculture
- Must have expertise in Soybean cropping and 7 – 10 years of experience in managing farmer / out-grower / contract farming and agricultural extension services
- Proven experience in obtaining donor funding from NGOs and multi-lateral agencies
- Understanding of seed production, crop management and buyback of produce
- Knowledge on agro-climate, soil fertility, disease & pest control
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit careers.olamgroup.com.
Do you have any questions, suggestions, or other contributions? Kindly use the comment box provided below for all your contributions. You are also encouraged to please kindly share this article with others you feel can benefit from this information if found useful enough as we may not be able to reach everyone at the same time. Thank you so much for sharing!