Urban vegetables, Herbal and Spices growing
Materials needed :
- Planting media ( soil, saw dust, water, dry grass etc). For holding the roots of a plant.
- Charcoal dust ( cooling agent)
- Hard wood ash. ( balancing the acidity and alkalinity of the soil. “pH” )
- Lake sand ( aeration)
- Manure, ( plant feeds)
- Seeds / seedlings.
- Mulches ( coffee huskes are the best ,)
Mixing all the materials
1.Mix the materials (planting media, charcoal dust, lake sand, Manure and ash,) in the ratio of 3:1:1:1:2kgs respectively.
2 Fill the container with well mixed soil,
3. Leave the container with well mixed soil for like 3-4 days to rest.
4. After 3-4 days , you can now plant your seeds or seedlings
5. Then mulch your garden with coffee huskes , or cotton huskes .
6. Water your garden gently to avoid damaging of your young seedlings.
~Water gardens every evening.
~ prune your gardens where necessary.
~Spray with organic pesticides.
~Earth up your garden to allow water penetration.
( Have it fresh direct from your backyard for better health and enjoy!!)