A) Management of quails
1. At the age of six- weeks , female Quails usually weight ‘’ 175- 200 gms.’’ And the males weight about ‘’125-150 gm.’’
2. Females start laying eggs at 7 –weeks of age and continue up to 22-weeksof ag
3. Usually egg laying happens during the evening time of the day
4. The Quails egg usually weight about ‘’ 9 to 10 gm.,and also goes to 12gm. With properly nutrition- care.
5. The breast of the male is usually narrow , and covered with equally distribute brown and white feathers. But the female quail has a broad breast covered with brown feathers with black- dots
6. The male and female quails should be separated at the age of 4- weeks
7. Sixteen hours of light per day should be available to the egg laying Quails.
1. Quails starts laying their eggs at the age of 7th week. They attain 50% eggs production at 8th week of age.
2. In order to produce , fertile eggs the males should be reared along with the females at 8 to 10 weeks of age .
3. The male, female ratio is 1:5
4. Incubation – period is 18 day
5. With 500 females, we can produce 1500- chicks wee
C) Facts about diseases of quails
1. When there is deficiency of vitamins and minerals and minerals in the female quail breeders , the chicks obtained from their fertile eggs are usually lean with weak legs
2. To prevent this the breeder females should be provides with optimum minerals and vitamin in their feed
3. Generally Quails are resistant to infectious diseases than chicken . so there is no vaccination required for quails
4. Proper management of chicks , dis-infecting farm premise , providing clean drinking water to quails and feeding of quality concentrate feed will prevent diseases outbreak-s in farm
1. Male Quail already make a different sound which is usually disturbing to the human.
2. When rearing the male and female together , the male peck the other and make them blind , At-times death of quails are also noticed