• Environmental Factors
• Stages of production
• Stocking rate
• Management Practices
• Climatics factor
• Source of the foundation stock.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AFFECTING PERFORMANCE
Climatic factors affecting snail production:
- Temperature (Hibernation and Aestivation)
- Relative humidity.
How to avoid excess water in the snail pen:
- Drum/Tank: Drum and Tank for rearing snail should be perforated at the bottom or sides to drain the excess water in soil. Wetting of the soil must be moderate.
- Cage: Holes should be drilled around the side and bottom of the cage. Avoid excess wetting of the soil.
- High Fenced Pen: Palm fronds should be densely placed on the top of the pen
EDAPHIC FACTORS AFFECTING SNAIL PERFORMANCE
Edaphic factors affecting snail farming are:
- Soil pH
- Soil Texture
- Soil Structure
- Soil Fertility.