Besides the customary gardening tools (shovel, hoe, rake, cutlass, broom), the following equipment and tools are needed in successful snail farming:
- Small weighing scale, for weighing snails and feed.
- Measuring tape, for measuring pens and snails
- Hand trowel, for digging in and cleaning out the pens.
- Water container and watering can, for keeping the soil moist and refilling water troughs.
- 5. Water and feeding troughs or dishes.
- Most important: a notebook, for carefully recording inputs (e.g. labor, materials and feed) and output of the snail farming venture.