Besides the customarygardening tools (shovel, hoe, rake, cutlass, broom), the following equipmentand tools are needed in successful snail farming:
- Small weighing scale, for weighing snails andfeed.
- Measuring tape, for measuring pens and snails
- Hand trowel, for digging in and cleaning outthe pens.
- Water container and watering can, for keepingthe soil moist and refilling water troughs.
- 5. Water and feeding troughs or dishes.
- Most important: a notebook, for carefullyrecording inputs (e.g. labor, materials and feed) and output of the snailfarming venture.